WordPress is a free and open-source content management system written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to within WordPress as Themes.
When you start planning a new website project, there are a lot of options. It can be daunting and overwhelming trying to pick the right tool for the job. This course will delve into one of those options — WordPress — and why, after you’ve started using it, you’ll never need anything else.
On completion of this WordPress course you will be able to
- Download and install WordPress
- Configure templates and install new templates
- Build a website, blog or online shop
- Use plug-ins and widgets
- Manage users and groups
- Learn to use WordPress to create pages and posts, add images and videos, change a site's look and feel, and include user-friendly features
- Learn how to organize a blog or website and create appealing content
- Confidently use WordPress to create a blog or a personal, business, or organizational website
- Open the door to more career opportunities as a WordPress designer for small businesses
- Create your own personal website to brand yourself and your business services online
Pre-requisite / Target Audience
- This course is for you if you are interested in creating your own website or planning to get a skill to create website for others.
- This course also helps business owners to get more control and insight into their website